Offering 5 Star onsite training to any 3 - 5 star hotel, resort, lodge, boutique hotel, game lodge, conference venue, wedding venue, apartments, guesthouse and restaurants. Sam Hospitality is a well-established and well-known hospitality training provider which delivers high quality advice and training to many hotels and restaurants in South Africa. We run onsite short training programs which enable hospitality establishments and employees to build a strong foundation in the hospitality sector, updating their skills with modern day technology, terminology and increasing their expertise within the hospitality world. We train waitrons, front office receptionists, reservations, housekeepers, room attendants, porters, concierge, laundry assistants, bartenders, bar assistants, public area cleaners, kitchen cleaners, food and beverage supervisors, front office supervisors, beverage stock controllers, receiving clerks, banqueting staff, ward hostesses and many other staff members for any hospitality establishment. Be it a 3 or 5 Star Hotel, Resort, Lodge, Conference Venue, Boutique Hotel, Guesthouse or Restaurant, we promise to deliver the best training to your staff.
We are pleased to present our modules for room attendants training. Kindly choose modules that you would like us to deliver to your staff. · Describe layout, facilities and services of the organization · Maintain a secure working environment · Maintain a safe working environment · Maintain a healthy, hygienic and professional appearance · Prepare beds and handle linen and bed coverings · Service guest bedroom areas · Service toilet and bathroom areas · Clean floors and floor coverings · Handle and store cleaning equipment and materials · Handle and dispose waste · Deep clean floors and soft floor coverings · Service self-catering kitchen areas and equipment This program is suitable for room attendants who service guest accommodation in hotels, lodges, game lodges, boutique hotels, guesthouses, apartments, bed and breakfasts, etc.
The Front Office Reception is usually the guest first and last point of contact. It is the engine of the hotel and must be able to function well at all times. It is imperative for this department to have high levels of customer care and extremely knowledgeable since they may have contact with guests even before they arrive at the hotel. Kindly choose modules that you would like us to deliver to your staff. · Provide customer service · Process incoming and outgoing telephone calls · Operate payment point and process payments · Provide customer information and book external services · Maintain a booking system · Deal with the arrival of customers · Prepare written communication · Communicate verbally · Describe layout, facilities and services of the organization · Monitor and maintain health, safety and security · Receive and process reservations · Audit financial procedures / conduct a night audit · Maintain practices and procedures for handling cash / cash equivalent
We are confident that our training is of superior quality and we commit that we will not just train your staff, but also monitor the effect of our training.
1. Identifying your training needs First and foremost, we need to understand your business and how it operates. We discuss with each company management to identify a program which will best achieve each company’s objectives.
2. The Training, Training Venue and Time Our in-house training is cost effective. You choose where and when your want us to deliver the training. We will also tailor the content to suit your precise hotel needs. All in-class training is done on-site and most practicals can be done in the comfort of the learners’ environment.
3. The Training Methodology The participants receive manuals and interact with those notes during the training. However, our main approach to the training is facilitative and interactive. We also use a number of training tools including videos, games, projects, thought-provoking templates, to enhance the training.
4. Physical Arrangement Classroom style or u-shape seating arrangements are popular in our trainings. Based on availability, we also use breakaway rooms and round tables for group activities. This layout allows smaller groups and more effective discussions and interactions among the groups.
5. Number of trainees Limited between 8 – 20 trainees per session of training to ensure the effective learning environment.
6. Post-Training Feedback We require feedback from line managers, supervisors, etc post our training, to evaluate our standards and the quality and effect of our training.
7. Post-Training Support and Follow-up It is vital that the training program should be able to show a significant return on investment, whether it be increased performance, profitability, customer satisfaction or improved efficiency. To facilitate this we provide support based on the training done, to the establishment and employees post the training and within a period of 12 months. If suggested by the Management, we offer a free 1-day refresher course.
8. Affordability We guarantee that on-site training will save you costs. We have recognized that that the need for training in South Africa is hindered by the travelling and accommodation costs incurred by companies when groups of staff need to attend training.
We are pleased to present our modules for waitrons training. Kindly choose modules that you would like us to deliver to your staff. · Provide customer service · Process incoming and outgoing telephone calls · Describe layout, facilities and services of the organization · Communicate verbally · Maintain effective working relationships with other staff members · Maintain a secure working environment · Maintain a safe working environment · Maintain a healthy, hygienic and professional appearance · Prepare and clear areas for table service · Provide a table service · Provide a table drink service · Perform basic calculations · Provide a carvery / buffet service · Provide a silver service · Serve bottled wines · Provide a room service This program is suitable for staff who take and serve customer orders at the table in addition to setting up their work area/ station. Suitable for hotels, restaurants, conference venues, lodges, game lodges, boutique hotels, guesthouses, b&b’s, etc.