Not sure if you should invest in your restaurant staff training? Check this out…
Facts regarding the reasons businesses lose customers:
Customer dies – 1%
Moved away – 3%
Influenced by friends – 5%
Lured away by the competition – 9%
Dissatisfied with product – 14%
Turned away by an attitude of indifference on the part of an employee – 68%!!!
Can you afford not to professionally train your restaurant staff?
Any successful restaurant owner/ manager knows the secret to having a profitable business and Hospitality Training forms the cornerstone of that success, however there is often three things overlooked that can make or break your business.
If one of the following three areas is overlooked or not given equal attention as the other two then your business will start to decline and you will lose sales and profit.
So what are these three areas that can save your restaurant? Simply they are PRODUCT, SERVICE and ENVIROMENTALS. All three must be equal in your business.
- Product. This may sound obvious, you are a restaurant after all, but how often do you dine out and criticize the meal, wine and cocktails.
How often do they get the quality wrong or the flavour combination or the cooking temperatures? How often do YOU get it wrong and turn a blind eye; “Just get the food out, the customer has been waiting long enough!” You and your team must be 100% committed to product quality. If you are not happy with the raw ingredient from your supplier, DO NOT accept it.
Only a manager or Chef competent in checking food quality should accept the delivery. If you have had issues with a particular cut of beef, for example, cook one of whilst the butcher is there and if not happy with the item send it all back and get them to re-deliver. If you receive substandard vegetables send everything back and demand a fresh delivery of everything.
Next time they deliver they will make sure they check you are getting the good stuff. If not CHANGE suppliers.
You or your manager must, at least once a day, carry out a “Taste Test”. This is simply a check list of all your dishes that you should cook off and sample, include dressings, soups, desserts. This may be your last chance to take a dish of your menu and save a substandard dish going out to your customer.
- Service. This is where Hospitality Training can really make a difference to your business. This is where your team can really engage with your guests and take them through the “Customer Journey”. With the right hospitality training your staff will follow the following routine;
- Great Presentation
- Sound Product Knowledge
- Restaurant Skills
- Wine & Beverage Service
- An incredible, mind-blowing goodbye!
Following these eight steps ensures your customers get the best service at all times.
- Environmental. This is where you can engage with your customers’ conscious and subconscious mind.
How many times have you stood at a bar and put your elbow in a wet patch? How often do you sit in a restaurant and feel too hot or too cold or the music is too loud or you are sat next to a Hen party on your romantic evening. Maybe the lighting was too bright or too dark and you couldn’t read the menu.
By actually focusing on the aspects of the business that you can control such as music, lighting and heating you will create and enticing and warm atmosphere where your guests are comfortable at all times.
So how do you deliver and focus on these areas of your business equally? Simple TRAINING, TRAINING and TRAINING!
Every day you should engage your team in delivering 100% satisfaction when it comes to Service, Product and Environmental’s through carefully choosing your Hospitality Training program.
We train waitrons for any resort, hotel, game lodge, conference centre, restaurant or wedding venue. Please check the modules that we deliver and choose modules that you would like us to train your waitstaff on:
- Provide customer service
- Process incoming and outgoing telephone calls
- Describe layout, facilities and services of the organization
- Communicate verbally
- Maintain effective working relationships with other staff members
- Maintain a secure working environment
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Maintain a healthy, hygienic and professional appearance
- Prepare and clear areas for table service
- Provide a table service
- Provide a table drink service
- Perform basic calculations
- Provide a carvery / buffet service
- Provide a silver service
- Serve bottled wines
- Provide a room service
If you have 8 or more staff members to train, we will come to your establishment to offer training on-site, whether you are in Gauteng, Limpopo, Mpumalanga, North-West, Northern Cape, Western Cape, Eastern Cape, Free State, Kwazulu Natal, Lesotho, Swaziland, Mozambique, Botswana, Zambia, Namibia, Seychelles, Mauritius, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Uganda, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) Kenya, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Ghana, Nigeria, etc. Please email email@example.com or call 082 765 9238 for a quote