We are excited to announce our amazing 4-day workshop, designed for Guesthouse and B & B Owners or Managers. This workshop is designed to help B&B and Guesthouse owners and managers learn more about how to run the establishment effectively and profitably? Whether you are running a new guesthouse or B&B business or you have been in the game for some time, this workshop will help you keep up with the new trends in the hospitality industry, interact and share tips, ideas and experiences with other guesthouse and B&B owners. This non-accredited course is facilitated by industry experts, who will assist you with all the aspects of running your establishment effectively and profitably. The workshop is run in a classroom style for 3 days at a 3 star guest house in Daveyton, Benoni, east of Johannesburg, and then 1 day tour around Johannesburg .
The course covers the following:
- Running a successful Guest House / Bed & Breakfast in Southern Africa
- Front of house management
- Housekeeping management
- Staff management, motivation and training
- Monitoring guest satisfaction
- Advertising, branding, sales & marketing for your guesthouse / B&B business
- Taking advantage of technology and using technology to bring more sales to your establishment
- Dealing with internet reviews e.g. Tripadvisor, Facebook, etc
- Tools to assist you manage your guesthouse easier and profitably
- Staying ahead of your competitor
- Choosing affordable & effective systems for your establishment e.g. Property Management System (PMS), Point of Sale
- Choosing Suppliers – Linen, hospitality amenities
- Tourism Grading Criteria and many more!
Our B&B | Guesthouse Owners course includes the following:
- Accommodation for 5 nights at a 3 Star Guest House – Check the establishment here
- Breakfast, mid-morning tea, light lunch, afternoon tea and dinner
- FREE 10 inch tablet loaded with your workshop notes, training manuals for front desk, housekeeping and food & beverage service
- 3- day classroom style training – Water and mints provided throughout the day
- 1-Day tour around Johannesburg – You will have time to share tips, ideas and experiences with other B&B | Guesthouse owners or Managers!
- Certificate of Attendance
FOR ALL THESE, YOU PAY ONLY R7 500 PER PERSON. WE OFFER DISCOUNTS IF YOU BOOK 2 OR MORE PEOPLE!
The venue has secure parking. If you would like to book a shuttle from and to OR Tambo International Airport, please let us know; we will assist you.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PLEASE LET US KNOW SO THAT WE CAN SEND YOU OUR BOOKING FORM.
Overview of the Bed & Breakfast | Guesthouse Owners & Managers Workshop
Our Bed & Breakfast Owners Workshop is designed to prepare you for the challenges of running a professional and successful B&B or Guesthouse business. Whether you are new to the B&B industry or a long time owner or manager, this workshop will teach you the strategies that characterize a professional B&B and how to incorporate them into your own business.
For Prospective Bed & Breakfast Owners
As a prospective B&B owner, the workshop will help you examine your personal set of circumstances and make an informed decision about whether you, your family, your home and your bank balance are ready to enter the Bed & Breakfast, Guest House or Boutique Hotel industry. Ideal for people who wish to run hospitality establishments in South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique, Malawi, Angola, Namibia, Tanzania and Uganda.
For Existing Bed & Breakfast Owners
As an existing B&B/ Guest House owner, the workshop will teach you how to effectively manage, operate and market your hospitality business on a day to day basis. It will also assist you in evaluating your current B&B practices with a view to running an efficient, professional and profitable business.
Terms and Conditions:
Space is limited to only 10 people per workshop. You will be allocated workshop dates on confirmation of your booking. Prices are subject to change without prior notice.